Family Law

A: No. Fault is not a factor in the division of assets in Pennsylvania. However, it may affect an award of alimony.

A: Yes. Child support is based on income and earning capacity. Voluntarily reducing your income will not ordinarily change your earning capacity.

A: No. A parent receiving child support does not have to account for how it is spent.

A: Yes. All income from any source is considered income for support purposes, including bonuses and overtime.

A: No. There is no legal obligation in Pennsylvania to pay for a child’s college education, unless it is agreed to pursuant to a contractual obligation.

A: Not necessarily. Pennsylvania is an equitable distribution state. Assets are divided based on different factors the court looks at to determine what is fair in a particular situation.

A: There is no set age. A judge may speak with the children and decide how much weight to give their preference.

A: You need to file a petition for relocation in Pennsylvania and the Court then considers certain factors in deciding whether you can move with the children.

We Want To Help You

Contact Buzgon Davis Law Offices to schedule a consultation by filling out our contact form or giving us a call at (717) 274-1421

Contact Us Today